Sunday, January 13, 2013

Writing is so Easy...


Writing is so Easy…..
Whoever says that is lying….

When I first started my journey, I did think it would be easy.  I’m not gonna lie.  I thought it would be just as simple as writing my books and then they would find their way to wherever it was they needed to go.  I’ve learned in the last year that I was so, so, so wrong.

Like I said in an earlier post, I’ve signed up for a self-publishing class and read some editing articles that were in a previous class a friend of mine took.  They’ve changed my life as far as being a writer and getting my whole story together.

The self-publishing class is bringing to focus a lot of things that I had honestly no idea I would need to know. It’s good though. I have lists upon lists of things that I need to get done. This first time is going to take forever, it’s going to be a little haphazard, it’s going to be very frustrating. Until I get into a groove and this isn’t so much about learning as doing, this is going to be hard. Nothing ever comes easy that we appreciate, so I’m looking forward to working hard for this. It will make it that much sweeter when I do get my book out there for others to read.

Right now I’m doing a lot of, what I like to call, busy work. I was given some character sheets to help with setting the scene and keeping everything straight. I’ve been working on those for a couple of days and think I’ll be working on them for a couple more. In the long run it’s going to be very beneficial for me and looking back I should have done it this way to begin with. Would have made the writing so much easier…(hehe)

So my goals for this coming week.

- Finish my character sheets.
- Start on location sheets.
- Continuing writing 500 words a day.

I’m going to keep pushing forward, keep persevering every day, and just keep working towards my goal. I will get there and when I do….I’m gonna shout it from the rooftops!

0 comments:

Post a Comment