Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Big Plans for 2013

In 2012 I did some amazing things.  I finished 3...you read that right 3 novels!  All for a series I have coined Heaven Hill.

It's about a MC (motorcycle club) located in Bowling Green, KY and the women who love those dangerous men.

For the first time in my life, I really do think I have something that other people would like to read..  It still needs a little bit of work, but I'm really proud of it.  I'm proud of what I've accomplished and hope to continue to accomplish throughout this coming year.

As I was writing, I hemmed and hawed over whether I had made the right decision in wanting to self-publish or not.  I went back and forth with it for a good portion of the year, especially after I finished my first novel.  I consulted with family and friends to see what everyone thought.  They were all kind of split down the middle, pretty much a 50/50.

Today though, it came to my attention about some of the internet publishing companies (some of them being ones I had looked at) haven't paid authors in a good long while.  Not to mention when authors signed those contracts to get their books published, they lost the rights to their books.  I don't ever want to lose the right to my words.  So....after much more thought than I imagined possible, I'm going with self-publishing.

That means I have a LOT of work to do in the New Year, but I'm ready for it. Hopefully this will be the year that you can get one of my books on your Kindle or Nook!

That's the goal...and I'll be blogging my way through it here...follow along if you're interested!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I loved the first book of the Heaven Hill series I can't wait for the next one.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked it! Number 2 is coming soon..keep on the lookout!

      Delete