Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Goals


2013 Goals

At the beginning of 2012 I had one goal as far as writing went – to just do it. To get words down on paper and to construct the world that would eventually become Heaven Hill. I had so many ideas that I just had to get out of my head. I wrote with no abandon and eventually had 3 full novels. It felt good to finally accomplish something that I set out to do. I’ve always been that person who talks about doing things, but never does them.  Last year that changed. In more ways than one.

So 2013…

1.    I am going to do something with the novels I wrote. I’m going to learn everything I can about self-publishing and make an endeavor. That is my major goal this year. To learn what I can about the business and then ‘start my own’ so to speak. I have plans and ideas about how I can accomplish this. But really, the first thing I need to do is to become a student. Learn from everyone else who has been through this already.
2.    I need to make my stories that I wrote so quickly last year the best that they can be. This will mean a bit more editing and some formatting issues, but I’m ready for the challenge. Last year was about being able to write. This year is about being able to share that with others.
3.    I also have a goal of writing 500 words a day. In between all the ‘starting my own business’ and making my writing the best it can be, I can’t lose my groove. Without words on paper, I have nothing to show. It’s also my stress relief. When I don’t write…I’m irritable and nobody in my family likes me irritable! 

It’s all a very delicate balancing act. One I hope to be able to accomplish and be successful at. With the support of everyone around me, I know that I can do it!  I’m excited for the year to come and all the new things I’m going to learn!

1 comments:

  1. -
    trustNjesus!

    trustNjesus!

    trustNjesus!

    1-outta-1 bites-the-dust, baby,

    and dats d'fak, Jak.

    Make Your Choice -SAW


    Google+: kold_kadavr_ flatliner 

    ReplyDelete